s/r home  | issues  | authors  | masthead
Call for Submissions On Latin America and the Caribbean
c/o WD Press, P.O. Box 24115, St. Louis MO 63130
Dear Green activist,
What are the political and ecological issues currently facing the peoples of Latin America and the Caribbean? Synthesis/Regeneration: A Magazine of Green Social Thought seeks to address these and related topics in its upcoming Fall 2005 issue. The S/R Editorial Board invites submissions relating to the political and environmental issues relating to the Global South of this hemisphere.
Possible themes may include, but are not limited to:
- The effect of US foreign policy on local environments.
- Development and deforesting in the Amazon Basin.
- Resistance by indigenous peoples to environmental depredations.
- The continuing attack on Haiti.
- Recent and projected effects of NAFTA, the FTAA, and the neoliberal economic/political agenda.
- The "War on Drugs" beyond Colombia and its implications for local economies and environments.
In order to be included in the Fall 2005 issue, we will need to RECEIVE submissions by May 15, 2005. Articles should generally be 500 to 2500 words.
Send submissions or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (Don Fitz)
Please forward this message and post it on other lists.
This URL: http://www.greens.org/s-r/call0305.html
S/R home page  |  masthead   |  List of issues