s/r home  | issues  | authors  | masthead
Call for Submissions: Papers on "Less Energy"
2 March 07
c/o WD Press, P.O. Box 24115, St. Louis MO 63130
Call for Papers on "Less Energy"
S/R would like to receive more articles exploring a massive (80% or more) reduction in energy which focus on themes such as …
- What would be ecological and social consequences of failing to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by at least 80%?
- Could current levels of production be maintained by switching to renewable energy?
- How could the US reduce energy consumption in agriculture by 80%?
- How can construction of homes and other buildings be 80% more energy efficient?
- How can energy consumed in transportation be cut by 80%?
- How can health care be redesigned for an 80% reduction in energy?
- How would economies of scale affect efforts to reduce energy usage in basic industry?
- What is the most energy that could be saved by limiting or eliminating the military-nuclear complex?
- What changes in living and work would be necessary for a massive reduction in energy?
- What sort of political, moral and spiritual revolution would be required to attain an 80% reduction in energy production and use?
If you would like to address any of these or related themes, send a 2 or 3 sentence description of what you plan to cover to email@example.com. Send your 500 to 2500 word article by June 1, 2007.
Please forward this message and post it on other lists.
This URL: http://www.greens.org/s-r/call0307.html