Missouri Petition for Nader pages
- This page: Invitation to petition; where we are petitioning in St. Louis
- Talking points and instructions
- Download petitions
Invitation: The Missouri Green Party has petitions to put Ralph Nader on the ballot in Missouri
The Green Party of St. Louis/Gateway Green Alliance gets together to gather signatures at the following time:
Every Saturday — 9:30am - 2:30pm CDT
We meet for training at the Gateway Green Center, 6101 Delmar (at Rosedale by the Delmar Metro Station) — and if training is needed it is provided and then you are sent out to collect signatures to get Ralph Nader and the Green Party on the ballot in Missouri.
IF YOU ARE IN ST. LOUIS, please e-mail or call me to let me know which Saturdays you can come.
IF YOU ARE IN AN AREA OTHER THAN ST. LOUIS, please e-mail or call me to let me know what materials you need and where they should be sent.
We have the following available for collecting signatures:
- Petitions (printed with a union bug).
- Petitioning Questions-Missouri Green Party Campaign 2000 (This is a tool for training people how to collect signatures and what pitfalls to avoid.)
- Petitioning Talking Points (This is a list of common issues and responses which should be printed so that everyone who gathers signatures can have a copy with her/him.)
I hope everyone can start getting signatures right away.
Don Fitz, 314-727-8554 firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we are petitioning (St. Louis):
Missouri Greens have collected several thousand signatures to get Ralph Nader on the ballot for US President in November. But we are far short of the goal of 10,000 valid (15,000 needed) signatures. We need as much help as people can give to collect signatures.
There are four types of events St. Louis Greens are petitioning at. (Teams in Columbia and elsewhere are finding their own locations.)
1. The Green Party of St. Louis/Gateway Green Alliance meets every Sat morning at 9:30 am in May and June at 6101 Delmar (at Rosedale, a block east of Skinker). Those who cannot do morning petitioning are welcome to come in the early afternoon. After checking in, people go to one of these locations:
- Soulard Market
- Grand Ave (Arsenal to Humphrey)
- Central West End
- University City Loop
- University City Post Office (9:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- North Kingshighway (near Natural Bridge) Post Office (9:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Clayton (Maryland & Bemiston) Post Office (9:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Olivette Post Office (9:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Laclede Post Office in Central West End (9:30 am - 1:30 pm)
2. People are welcome to take petitions to go other places during the week, such as:
- The Post Offices listed above are very good late Mondays and Fridays (4:30 - 6:30 pm)
- The Esquire Theater has long lines Friday and Sat nites and is excellent while people are waiting.
- If anyone wants to try the High Pointe theater, please post your results.
- Drivers License offices (Could someone post the locations?)
- MUNY (Could someone post best times to go?)
- Wild Oats (One is at Ladue & I-170; where is the other one?)
3. Progressive events. These are already being posted on the GreensStL listserv. Please post other events you know of on GreensStL
4. Festivals. The only one we have scheduled now is Fair in the Square, Sunday afternoon, May 21 in the Delmar Loop. Please post other festivals you know of to the GreensStL listserv.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that people turn in their signed petitions every week. There is a notary at the Gateway Green Center on Saturdays, 9-10 am and 2-4 pm.
Questions? Contact any of these folks:
Don Fitz 314 727-8554 email@example.com Tim Barnhart 314 351-4268 firstname.lastname@example.org Tom Palazzolo 314 622-0728 email@example.com
Gateway Green Center 314 721-3192
April 12, 2000 rev 15 May 00, 20 May 00
Back to Gateway Greens homepage.